You are an experienced leader in finance with expertise to support decision making process essential to achieve the continued growth and profitability of the organization. You possess outstanding business acumen and a strong sense of balancing financial strategy with day-to-day fiscal excellence. Your brilliant communication and interpersonal skills allow you to build strong partnerships and manage well across all levels within the organization.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join us and build up our Financial Planning & Accounting (FP&A) department. We are the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and the upcoming Transformers: Forged to Fight. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
In this role, you will contribute by:
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the Finance, Tax, Accounting, and Financial Planning functions of the organization
- Being a strategic thought leader, drive improvements and change to create a world-class organization
- Developing, managing and directing the Company’s short, mid-, and long-term financial plans and performance drivers
- Establishing, reviewing and managing a cost structure that optimizes productivity and margins without sacrificing business performance
- Overseeing the timely and accurate production of financial information, including analyses of budgets and companywide and game specific trends
- Identifying worldwide tax issues and develop company appropriate structures and plans
- Ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state/provincial and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Maintaining relations with external auditors, investors, financial institutions and other key stakeholders
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in the free-to-play mobile gaming world. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 15+ years of financial experience, including 3+ years in the capacity of CFO or VP of Finance, preferably with public company or within the game/tech industry or high growth environment
- Proven leader with experience in growing, managing and developing high performing teams
- CPA or equivalent international certification with extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Proven track record of problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- M&A experience and additional language skill(s) are definite assets
Kabam is a financially driven enterprise and, as a result, the FP&A function is becoming an integral part of the business operations. This position will have direct impact and responsibility for accounting, finance, treasury, tax, internal control environment and strategic planning. In addition, this is a tremendous opportunity to steer the company and shape the FP&A department as we head into our next exciting chapter.Intrigued by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.